PART-A ( 2 Marks)
1. What is the maximum case of UDP datagram?
2. What is the use of sequence numbers?
3. What is the source post numbers?
4. What is client process?
5. Name the policies that can precast congestion?
6. How are congestions control and quality of source hexapod?
7. What is the definition of burst data?
8. What is traffic shaping? Name two methods of shape traffic?
9. What determine the sender Window size in TCP
10. How is Resource Reservation Protocol related to integrated services
11. What is Traffic descriptor?
12. What is Access rate ?
13. What is the methods to improve Qos?
14. What is necessity of flow control
15. What is multicast? What is the difference between unicast and multicast?
16. what are the two multiplexing strategies used in transport layer?
17. Why transport layer extends host to delivery to process
18. State why telnet uses network virtual terminal?
19. What is the service provided by TCP?
20. Difference between UDP and TCP.
21.What is meant by well known port in TCP ?
22.Give the steps to establish a TCP connection.
1. List and discuss the states used in TCP connection management finite state machine.
i.Discuss how multiplexing and demultiplexing is done in the transport layer
ii. Explain in detail the mechanism in transport layer for controlling congestion.
2. i) Explain choke packets methods of congestion control.
3. i) Explain the connection release process applied at transport layer.
ii) Explain window management in TCP.
4. i) Discuss about quality of services.
ii) Write short notes on integrated services.
5. Explain about TCP Congestion control technique in detail.
6. Write short notes on queuing disciplines.
7. Explain Four- way handshaking method to terminate a connection in TCP.
8. Explain in detail about any one of the congestion avoidance mechanisms.
9. Explain in detail about source-based congestion avoidance.
CS2302 COMPUTER NETWORKS QUESTION BANK ANNAUNIVERSITY 2010 PART IV Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 5:03 PM Rating: