1. Define authentication and name any two authentication protocols
2. List any two types of DNS messages.
3. What is FDDI?
4. State why telnet uses network virtual terminal?
5. How does the user get E-mail from the message transfer agent?
6. What is the importance of cookies?
7. State the goals behind ISDN?
8. What is telnet used for? Discuss.
9. Define security in networking.
10. State Why telnet uses network virtual terminal?
11. What are the elements of WWW?
12. What is the function provided by FTP?
13. Define SMTP?
14. What is the use of DNS?
15. Give example for hierarchy in DNS?
16. Compare plain text and cipher text?
17. What is symmetry key algorithm?
18. What are all the services provided my E-mail?
19. Define HTML?
1. Define Fire walls?
2. Define a network security.
3. What are the potential security threats?
4. What is cryptography?
5. Explain different types of cryptography in detail.
6. Explain the different types of encryption method.
7. Write a short note on i) RSA algorithm ii) Digital signature
8. Explain the desirable properties of secure communication.
9. What is a policy and mechanism?
10. Discuss the communication security goals.
11. What is a passive attack?
12. What is a active attack?
13. Explain the different substitution techniques.
14. Discuss the different cipher modes.
15. What is a cryptanalysis?
16. Explain the different cryptanalytic attacks.
17. List the different types of authentication protocol in detail.
18. What is the secret key signature?
19. What is the key management concept?
20. How the certificates are verified?
21. Compare the symmetric and asymmetric key cryptography.
22. What are the benefits of IP security?
23. Explain the AH header format.
24. Explain the ESP header format.
25. List the features of SSL.
26. Write note on wireless security.
27. List the various risk faced by messages that are transmitted over the internet.
1. i) Explain in detail about the file transfer protocol.
ii) Describe the architecture of ISDN.
2. i) Explain in detail about electronic mail.
ii) Explain in detail any one ISDN protocol.
3. i) What is HTTP protocol used for?
ii) What is the default port number of HTTP protocol?
iii) Discuss the features of HTTP and also discuss how HTTP works.
4. Explain the importance of firewalls.
5. Explain in detail the following
i) Fault management.
ii) Security management.
CS2302 COMPUTER NETWORKS QUESTION BANK ANNAUNIVERSITY 2010 PART V Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 5:04 PM Rating: