EC2202 — DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN C ++ ANNA UNIVERSITY QUESTION BANK QUESTION PAPER
Electronics and Communication Engineering
EC2202 — DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED
PROGRAMMING IN C ++
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. What is a scope resolution operator and how can it be used for global variable?
3. What is meant by binding?
4. How the pointer is implemented in C++?
5. Write any two data structures used in Operating System?
6. What are the representations of Big and small ‘O’ notations?
7. How many trees are possible with 3 nodes?
8. What is a spanning tree?
9. What is the feature of bucket sort algorithm?
10. Define dynamic programming.
(ii) Explain the importance of constructors and destructors with
(b) What is operator overloading? Overload the numerical operators ‘+’and ‘/’
for complex numbers “addition” and “division” respectively. (16)
12. (a) (i) Define friend class and specify its importance. Explain with
suitable example. (8)
(ii) Discuss Virtual function and polymorphism with example. (8)
(b) (i) Explain the concept of inheritance by considering an example of
(ii) Explain the operators used for dynamic memory allocation with
13. (a) (i) Explain Priority Queues and how are binary heaps used in that. (8)
(ii) Explain the properties of heap. (8)
(b) (i) Write a C ++ program to implement Stack and its operations PUSH
and POP. (10)
(ii) What is hashing? Classify hashing functions based on the various
14. (a) (i) Traverse the tree given below using Inorder, Preorder and
Postorder traversals. (10)
(ii) Convert the expression ((A + B) * C - (D - E) ^ (F + G)) to equivalent
Prefix and postfix notations. (6)
132 132 132
(b) (i) Convert the given graph with weighted edges to minimal spanning
(ii) Write a short note on AVL trees. (6)
15. (a) Explain the algorithm of Quicksort by sorting the following set of
numbers as an example:
42 47 52 57 62 37 32 27 22
(b) Describe divide and conquer technique with the help of mergesort. (16)
2 132 132
TO GET THE PDF FORMAT clickhere to download