BA 9203 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT Anna University Question bank, question paper pervious year question paper for Unit 1 unit 2 unit3 unit 4 unit 5,important 2 marks and 16 marks questions
BA 9203 — TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. Explain the term, Return on Quality (ROQ).
3. What is Taguchi loss function?
4. Define Cost of quality (COQ).
5. What is Process capability?
6. What is Infant mortality period?
7. What is an Affinity diagram?
8. Define Life cycle cost.
9. Define Empowerment.
10. What is Statistical thinking?
(b) Bring out the dimensions of product and service quality. Also explain
why the service quality is more difficult to define than product quality.
12. (a) Compare and contrast Deming's, Juran's, and Crosby’s perspectives of
quality management. What are the major similarities and differences
between their perspectives?
(b) Enumerate in detail the various principles of quality management.
Question Paper Code: W6503
132 132 132
W 6503 2
13. (a) Explain in detail the methodology to implement Business Process
(b) (i) AAA Inc., produces meter sticks that have a target length of
100 centimeters with upper and lower specification limits of
100.05 and 99.95 centimeters respectively. Their existing process
produces meter sticks with an average length of 99.97 centimeters
and a standard deviation of 0.015 centimeters. They are considering
the purchase of a new machine that can hold a process output
average exactly to target with a standard deviation of 0.02. Which
machine will provide a better process capability index? (8)
(ii) Suppose a product is designed to function for 1,00,000 hours with a
1% chance of failure. Suppose that there are six of these in use at a
facility. Find the average number of failures per hour and the
14. (a) (i) Explain the matrices involved in Quality Function Deployment
(QFD) process. (8)
(ii) Define key customer requirements for a product of your choice.
Next, define key technical requirements for the same product.
Create a matrix showing the relationships between technical and
customer requirements using the QFD format. (8)
(b) What is FMEA? Explain in detail the different types of FMEA. Also
highlight the scales used in FMEA.
15. (a) Describe the purpose and the intent of the ISO 9000:2000 program. What
are the advantages of becoming an ISO 9000:2000 certified companies?
Are there any disadvantages?
(b) List and briefly explain the principles of leadership.