GE2021 Environmental Science And Engineering anna university previous year question paper
GE 2021 — ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
(Common to Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology)
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
2. Define environmental impact statement.
3. What is food web?
4. ‘India is a mega – diversity nation’ – Account.
5. What is meant by thermal pollution?
6. State the role and responsibility of an individual in the prevention of pollution.
7. What is acid rain?
8. Define the concept of sustainable development.
9. Define population equation.
10. What are the effects of population explosion?
(ii) Discuss the impacts of handling the mineral resources for extraction and subsequent utilization, on the environment. (8)
(b) (i) Discuss in detail the causes and consequences of overexploitation of forest resources. (8)
(ii) Give a brief account of renewable energy resources and their significance. (8)
12. (a) (i) Give an account of energy flow in ecosystem. (8)
(ii) Describe the biotic component of an ecosystem. (8)
(b) (i) Discuss the importance of biodiversity. (8)
(ii) Write informative notes on ‘Insitu’ conservation. (8)
13. (a) (i) What is noise? Describe briefly the effects of noise on human health. (8)
(ii) Suggest measures to control air pollution. (8)
(i) Land filling method for solid waste. (8)
(ii) Disaster management. (8)
14. (a) (i) Give a brief account of Global Warming. (8)
(ii) Bring out the various details of Wasteland Reclamation Practices.(8)
(ii) Discuss briefly on Environment (protection) act 1986. (4)
(iii) Write briefly on Bhopal disaster and chernobyl disaster. (8)
15. (a) Describe briefly
(i) The factors that affect human population growth rate. (6)
(ii) Human rights. (5)
(iii) Value education. (5)
(ii) Write a note on the various methods of family planning. (4)
(iii) What is AIDS? How to prevent it? (4)