8. GS2165 PHYSICS LABORATORY – II 0 0 3 2
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Determination of Young’s modulus of the material – non uniform bending.
2. Determination of Band Gap of a semiconductor material.
3. Determination of specific resistance of a given coil of wire – Carey Foster
4. Determination of viscosity of liquid – Poiseuille’s method.
5. Spectrometer dispersive power of a prism.
6. Determination of Young’s modulus of the material – uniform bending.
7. Torsional pendulum – Determination of rigidity modulus.
• A minimum of FIVE experiments shall be offered.
• Laboratory classes on alternate weeks for Physics and Chemistry.
• The lab examinations will be held only in the second semester.