BA 9205 COMMUNICATION SKILLS Anna University Question bank, question paper pervious year question paper for Unit 1 unit 2 unit3 unit 4 unit 5,important 2 marks and 16 marks questions
BA 9205 — COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL Questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. What is noise?
3. What is world view?
4. Mention the role of personal appearance.
5. What is empathetic listening?
6. List the different types of audience.
7. What are the seven C’s of business writing?
8. What is an agenda?
9. What is an abstract?
10. Why is it necessary to define terms used in a report or a proposal?
(b) Discuss the formal and informal communication channels in
12. (a) Illustrate the problems in intercultural communication. Explain.
(b) Why is it important to understand non-verbal communication? Explain.
13. (a) What is the presentation skills required for a manager? List and describe
(b) How will you conduct a meeting effectively? Discuss.
14. (a) Assume that you attended a meeting to discuss the genuine complaints
from your customers convened by your General Manager (Customer
Relations). Write the minutes of the meeting with relevant details.
(b) Write a letter of application for the post of Assistant Manager in a
construction company. Attach a separate résumé.
15. (a) Draft a project proposal to a funding agency for carrying out a study on
the effect of global warming on your town? Think of relevant details and
(b) Assume that you are the Deputy Manager looking after home loans of
your bank. Write a report to your Managing Director about the outcome
of various schemes introduced to attract customers interested in home
loans. Use a table or chart appropriately.