BA 9225 — MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. Define the term system.
3. Explain object-oriented DBMS?
4. What is SQL?
5. Identify the important components of marketing.
6. What is DSS?
7. Where is error detection used?
8. What is WAN?
9. Explain the term data ware house.
10. Where is ERP used in an organization?
(b) Explain the functioning of an information system.
12. (a) Draw the DFD for course registration in any University. Indicate all the
(b) How is object-relational DBMS used in information management?
13. (a) What are the benefits of DSS? Explain in detail.
(b) How can you design marketing information systems? Discuss.
14. (a) Discuss the common threats to computerized information systems.
(b) Describe some of the general and applications controls.
15. (a) What are the characteristics of e-business? Describe in detail.
(b) Explain the scope of business intelligence.