BA9227 BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS Anna University Question bank, question paper pervious year question paper for Unit 1 unit 2 unit3 unit 4 unit 5,important 2 marks and 16 marks questions
M.B.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JUNE 2010
BA9227 — BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. What the benefits are of cross sectional research?
3. What are the various types of reliability?
4. Explain why either ratio or interval scales is preferred in management
5. State the features of snow ball sampling.
6. Why is eigenvalue considered as important?
7. How do you ascertain the validity of the data?
8. Describe the importance of executive summary.
9. How do you overcome subjectivity in research?
10. What are the benefits of a non probability sampling?
(b) How does one frame research objectives? What are the characteristics of
12. (a) Explain the various types of measurements. What are the various types
of scales and their importance? Discuss.
(b) How does one construct a survey instrument? What steps need to be
13. (a) Explain the probability and non probability sampling methods. Which
one would be an ideal method for the scientific research?
(b) Explain the various types of primary source of data collection and their
14. (a) In a study concerned with preferences for four different types of check-in
accounts offered by a bank, 100 people in a higher-income group and
200 people in a lower-income group were interviewed. The results of their
choices are shown in the accompanying table.
Account A 36 84
Account B 39 51
Account C 16 44
Account D 9 21
Set up this study in formal statistical terms and draw appropriate
conclusions. Use 05 . = α
(b) Explain discriminant function analysis. When and how do you use this
15. (a) Explain the various types of research reports. Give an account on the
contents of a research report.
(b) How does one overcome problems on the ethical issues and the objectivity
as well subjectivity in research? Explain.