CS2402 Mobile And Prevasive Computing Anna University Model Question Paper
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
PART A (10 x 2 = 20 marks)
2. What is CMDA?
3. List the four possible handover and scenarios in GSM
4. Define inclination angle and elevation angle
5. Give the 802.11 PHY frame format using DSS
6. What are the low power states of a blue tooth device?
7. What is a care of address?
8. What are the routing metrics in wireless adhoc network?
9. What is a wireless Telephony application?
10. List the classes of transaction service of WTP.
PART B (5 x 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Discuss in detail the Wireless Transaction Protocol. (16)
(b) Discuss in detail the Wireless Session Protocol (16)
12. (a) Explain time division multiple access (16)
(b) (i) Discuss the spread spectrum techniques (10)
(ii) What is Code Division Multiplexing? Explain (6)
13. (a) (i) Discuss in detail localization, calling and handover in GSM (10)
(ii) Explain the types of orbits in satellite system (6)
(b) (i) Explain the GSM system architecture (12)
(ii)Explain the protocol architecture of DECT (4)
14. (a) Discuss in detail the medium access control mechanism of ICCC 802.11 (16)
(b) (i) Explain the information bases and networking of adhoc HIPERLAN. (8)
(ii) Discuss MAC layer bluetooth system (8)
15. (a) (i)Describe tunneling and encapsulation in Mobile IP (8)
(ii) Discuss in detail dynamic source routing (8)
(b) (i) Write short notes on reverse tunneling (4)
(ii) Explain IP packet delivery, agent advertisement, discovery and registration process in mobile IP (12)
1. What is spreading factor?
2. What is polling?
3. Distinguish between soft hand over and hard hand over.
4. Define footprint with respect to satellite systems.
5. State the three phases of the medium access of different competing nodes.
6. What are the power saving mechanisms in Bluetooth?
7. What are the drawbacks of wired networks?
8. Define: Dynamic Source Routing.
9. What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
10. Mention any two salient features of WAP.
11.(a)(i) Discuss in detail the types of Antennas with their radiation patterns.
(ii) Explain Diversity techniques.
12.(a) Describe Digital Audio Broadcasting.
13.(a) Describe the architecture of BLUE TOOTH.
14.(a) Explain optimization in Mobile IP in detail.
15.(a) Discuss the role of WWW in support for mobility.
(ii) Snooping TCP.
(iii) Explain about performance enhancing proxies.