CS2403 DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING Anna University Imporant Questions two Marks and 16 Marks Question bank
UNIT I SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS
theorem – Discrete – time signals, systems – Analysis of discrete time LTI systems – Z
transform – Convolution (linear and circular) – Correlation.
UNIT II FREQUENCY TRANSFORMATIONS
Algorithms Decimation – in – time Algorithms, Decimation – in – frequency Algorithms –
Use of FFT in Linear Filtering – DCT.
UNIT III IIR FILTER DESIGN
Structures of IIR – Analog filter design – Discrete time IIR filter from analog filter – IIR
filter design by Impulse Invariance, Bilinear transformation, Approximation of derivatives
– (HPF, BPF, BRF) filter design using frequency translation
UNIT IV FIR FILTER DESIGN
Structures of FIR – Linear phase FIR filter – Filter design using windowing techniques,
Frequency sampling techniques – Finite word length effects in digital Filters
UNIT V APPLICATIONS
Multirate signal processing – Speech compression – Adaptive filter – Musical sound
processing – Image enhancement.
1. John G. Proakis & Dimitris G.Manolakis, “Digital Signal Processing – Principles,
Algorithms & Applications”, Fourth edition, Pearson education / Prentice Hall, 2007.
2. Emmanuel C..Ifeachor, & Barrie.W.Jervis, “Digital Signal Processing”, Second
edition, Pearson Education / Prentice Hall, 2002.
1. Alan V.Oppenheim, Ronald W. Schafer & Hohn. R.Back, “Discrete Time Signal
Processing”, Pearson Education, 2nd edition, 2005.
2. Andreas Antoniou, “Digital Signal Processing”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2001UNIT 1