Important Questions in APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS ME2305 ME 2305 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR III YEAR MECH Students
ME2305 APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS
1. Explain the hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power system
2. Differentiate between laminar and turbulent flow.
3. How to calculate the frictional losses in the valves and fittings.
4. Differentiate between laminar and turbulent flow.
1. Explain the various mechanisms of hydraulic mounting.
2. Explain the working principle of external gear pump
3. A pump has a displacement of 80 cm3. It delivers t.25 Lps at 1200 rpm and 75 bar. If the prime mover input torque is 110 N-m,
(1) Find the overall efficiency of the pump.
(2) What is the theoretical torque required to operate the pump?
1. Draw and Explain the working of a direct acting pressure reducing valve with neat diagram
2. With a neat sketch, explain the construction and operation of a pilot operated sequence valve.
3. What is fail-safe circuit? With suitable diagram, explain two handed safety circuit.
4. Explain the operational feature of check valve.
1. Explain the piston type compressor.
2. Discuss the construction and working principle of a Rotary vane air compression
3. Explain the synchronizing circuit.
4. Develop and electro pneumatic circuit by cascade method for the following sequence : A+ B+ B- A-, Where A and B stands for cylinders, (+) indicates extension and (-) indicates retraction of cvlinders.
1. Explain the hydro mechanical system
2. Explain the PLC with application.
3. Enlist the various faults, probable causes and also the remedial actions for the following pneurnatic system components.
(iii) Air cylinder
(ii) FRL unit
Important Questions in APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS ME2305 ME 2305 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR III YEAR MECH Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 6:30 AM Rating: