Important Questions in Data Structures & Algorithms 142301
subject for NOV/DEC 2011 AUT ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR THIRD SEMESTER IT Students
142301 - Data Structures & Algorithms
1. What is Stack? Give the implementations of stack and explain clearly the data structure and
2. What is singly linked list? Explain the algorithm in detail about various operations performed on a node from a Singly Linked list
3. Illustrate with a neat example the implementation of a circular queue
1. With an example explain the algorithms of inorder and postorder traversals on a binary search
2. Explain the binary heap in detail.
3. Explain the rotations operations which are done in AVL-Tree. Construct the AVL Tree for the
4. Explain the tree traversals in detail
1. Discuss in detail open addressing and rehashing
2. Explain in detail the collision resolution methods.
3. What is meant by collision in hashing? Explain the separate chaining collision resolution strategy.
4. Explain in detail about Extensible hashing
1. Explain in detail about DIjkstra’s Algorithm with an example
2. Explain in detail about DFS and BFS Techniques with an example
3. Explain the prim’s and Kruskal’s Algorithm with an example
1. Explain in detail about Divide and conquer Algorithm with an example.
2. Explain in detail about Dynamic Programming with an example
3. Explain in detail about Greedy Algorithm with an example
4. Explain in detail about Backtracking Algorithm with an example
Important Questions in Data Structures & Algorithms 142301 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 AUT ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR THIRD SEMESTER IT Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 9:16 PM Rating: