Important Questions in DPSD DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN 141302 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR SEMESTER THIRD SEMESTER CSE Students
141302 - DIGITAL PRINCIPLES ANS SYSTEM DESIGN
1. Determine the prime-implicants of the Boolean function by using the tabulation method.F(w, x, y, z)=Σ(1,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,15)
2. Simplify the following Boolean expression using Quine McCluskey method:
3. Design a combinational logic diagram for BCD to Excess-3 code converter
4. Find a minimum sum of products expression for the following function using Quine- McClusky method.
F (A,B,C,D,E) = ∑(0,2,3,5,7,9,11,13,14,16,18,24,26,28,30)
5. Determine the minimum sum of products and minimum product of sums for f = b’c’d’+bcd+acd’+ab’bc’d
6. Find the minterm expansion of f(a,b,c,d) = a’(b’+d)+acd’
1. With a suitable block diagram explain the operation of BCD adder
2. Draw and explain the working of a carry-look ahead adder.
3. Write the HDL description of the circuit specified by the following Boolean function.
x =AB+ C y= C′.
4. Design a combinational logic diagram for BCD to Excess-3 code converter
1. Implement the given Boolean function using 4 × 1 multiplexer.
F(x, y, z) =Σ(1, 2, 6, 7) .
2. Explain with necessary diagram a BCD to 7 segment display decoder.
3. Design a BCD to excess 3 code converter using a ROM
4. What are the advantages of PLA over ROM? Explain the internal construction of PLA
5. Design and explain the working of a 1 to 8 demultipexer
1. Design and explain the working of a up-down ripple counter
2. Using JK flip-flops design a parallel counter, which counts in the sequence
3. Design a synchronous sequential circuit using JK flip-flop to generate the following sequence and repeat. 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
4. What is the aim of state reduction? Reduce the given state diagram and prove that the both state diagrams are equal.
1. With suitable example and diagram explain the hazards in combinational and sequential logic circuits
2. Design the Tflip flop from the logic gates
3. Design a non sequential ripple counter which will go through the states
3,4,5,7,8,9,10,3,4………………..draw bush diagram also
4.Explain essential, static and dynamic hazards in digital circuit. Give hazard-free realization for the following Boolean function .