Important Questions in DS & OOPS DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN C ++ 147301 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR SEMESTER THIRD SEMESTER ECE Students
147301 DATA STRUCTURES AND OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN C ++
1. What is operator overloading? Overload the numerical operators ‘+’ and ‘-’ for complex numbers addition and subtraction respectively
2. Where to use friend function in binary operator overloading? How? Explain with an example
3. Write a C++ program to explain the concept of static variable
4. Explain in detail the object oriented programming concepts
5. Explain the control structures of C++ with suitable examples
1. What is an exception? How is an exception handled in C++?
2. Write a C++ program to explain the concept of inheritance with examples.
3. What is a virtual function? Explain with example program
4. Write a program to explain handling files in C++.
1. Define double linked list. Explain the various operations of double linked list with algorithm
2. What is hashing? Explain the various hash functions with example.
3. Write a C ++ program to implement Stack using linked list.
4. Explain Priority Queues and how are binary heaps used in that.
1. Discuss the different methods of traversing a binary tree with algorithm.
2. Discuss Prim’s and Kruskal’s algorithm for computing the minimal spanning tree weighted undirected graph.
3. Write in detail about AVL trees.
4. (a)Traverse the tree given below using Inorder, Preorder an Postorder traversals
(b) Convert the expression ((A + B) * C - (D - E) ^ (F + G)) to equivalent
Prefix and postfix notations .
1. Describe divide and conquer technique with the help of mergesort.
2. Explain the algorithm of Quicksort by sorting the following set of numbers as an example:
42 47 52 57 62 37 32 27 22
3. Explain the all pairs shortest path algorithm with an example.
4. Compare the worst case and best case time complexity of various sorting techniques.