Important Questions in EM ELECTRICAL MACHINES-II 2 EE 2302 EE2302 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR III YEAR EEE Students
EE2302 - ELECTRICAL MACHINES-II
1. Explain the effect of excitation on armature current and power factor of synchronous motor and thereby obtain ‘V’ and inverted ‘V’ curves.
2. Explain the principal of operation of synchronous motor and starting methods.
3. Explain the effect of excitation on armature current and power factor of synchronous motor with suitable phasor diagram
4. Explain the effect of load in synchronous motor with suitable diagram
1. Draw the equivalent circuit of an induction motor and explain.
2. Derive expressions for:
(a)Maximum torque developed by induction motor
(b)Full load torque of induction motor
3 i) Derive an expression for slip-frequency
ii) Derive an expression for the torque developed by the induction motor
1. Explain the operation of single phase Induction motor on the basics of double revolving theory.
1. Explain the construction and operation of single phase induction motor
2. Discuss the various starting methods of squirrel cage induction motors.
3. Explain the rotor rheostat control of 3 phase slip ring induction motor.
1. Explain the principle and operation of reluctance motor and state its applications.
2. Explain the principle and operation of AC series motor
3. Explain the operation of shaded pole induction motor with neat diagram
4. Explain the operation of a single phase induction motor using double field revolving theory.