Important Questions in Measurements &instrumentation 131301 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR THIRD SEMESTER EEE Students
131301 - Measurements &instrumentation
1. Explain Static characteristics of an instrument
2. Describe the functional elements of an instrument with its block diagram. And illustrate them with pressure gauge, pressure thermometer and D’Arsonval galvanometer
3. Draw the block diagram of functional elements of measuring system and explain the function of each block
4. If the R.M.S. values of reading in volts are observed in a digital CRO were 3.5, 3.452, 3.620, 3.523 Determine (i) Arithmetic mean (ii) Average deviation (iii) Standard deviation.
1. Describe the construction and working principle of single phase induction type energy meter. And also derive its torque equation. Write a short note on any two adjustments required in energy meters
2. Describe the construction and working of PMMC instrument. Also derives its torque equation
3. Draw and explain ramp type DVM and digital phase meter.
4. Describe the construction and working principle of digital frequency meter
1. Explain how the inductance is measured in terms of known capacitance using Maxwell Bridge.
2. Explain the grounding techniques in detail to reduce the ground loop interference signal.
3. Explain in detail about the laboratory type D.C. potentiometer.
4. Give the applications of A.C. potentiometers
1. Explain in detail, how the data is stored in a magnetic disk and tape?
2. With neat figures explain how frequency of signal is measured using a CRO
3. Describe the LED and LCD display devices.
4. describe the direct and frequency modulation magnetic tape recording types. Give its merits and demerits.
1. Explain the generalized diagram of a digital data acquisition system. And give the uses of data acquisition system.
2. What are the performance parameters of ADC? Explain any two basic AD conversion techniques in detail.
3. Explain the construction and working of LVDT with a neat diagram
4. Explain a successive approximation type of A/D converter with neat sketch
Important Questions in Measurements &instrumentation 131301 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY EXAMINATIONS FOR SECOND YEAR THIRD SEMESTER EEE Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 5:25 AM Rating: