Important Questions in Optical Communication And Networking EC2402 EC 2402 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR IV FINAL YEAR ECE Students
EC2402 Optical Communication And Networking
1. Discuss the propagation modes in single -mode fiber
2. Discuss the mode theory of circular waveguide.
3. What are the fiber modes? Explain mode theory for optical fibers in detail.
1. Explain various types of fiber splicing techniques and fiber connectors.
2. Discuss the signal distortion in single mode fibers.
3. Discuss various kinds of losses that an optical signal might suffer while propagating through fiber, Which is most important one? What is the effect of these losses on light power and pulse shape?
4. Derive the expression for wave guide dispersion.
5. Derive an expression for material dispersion.
1. Draw the structures of edge-emitting LED and surface emitting LED and explain the operation
2. Discuss the LASER diode principle , modes and threshold conditions
3. Draw the schematics of pin photodiode and APD and explain
4. Derive the internal quantum efficiency and shows the variation in threshold current with temperature for ILD
1. Explain the error sources of fundamental receiver operations. Discuss the performance of digital receiver by defining the probability of error.
2. Describe the noise effects on the optical receiver performance?
3. Explain fiber diameter and numerical aperture measurements.
4. Discuss the fundamentals of receiver operations with neat block diagram
1. Explain the architecture and layers function of SONET with neat diagram?
2. Explain the Ultra high capacity WDM systems
3. Explain the basic frame structure and network architecture of SONET
4. Explain the salient feature of solitions using relevant expressions and diagrams.
Important Questions in Optical Communication And Networking EC2402 EC 2402 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR IV FINAL YEAR ECE Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 5:29 AM Rating: