Important Questions in PROTECTION AND SWITCH GEAR EE2402 EE 2402 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR IV FINAL YEAR EEE Students
EE2402 – PROTECTION AND SWITCH GEAR
1. Discuss the basic requirements of protective systems.
2. Discuss the procedure for computation of fault currents in power systems when a double line to ground fault occurs.What is neutral grounding? And explain the types of grounding with their phasor diagrams
4. Explain power systems earthling.
1. Explain the operating principle and characteristics of impedance relay.
2. Draw and explain the operating principle of non directional over current relay or earth leakage (induction type) relay.
3. Explain a directional relay in detail
1. Explain Merz price voltage balance system and translay scheme for line protection
2. Explain the pilot wire relaying schemes for protection of transmission lines. List out its merits and demerits.
3. Explain with a neat diagram about the Merz prize protection and Modified Merz prize protection of alternator.
1. Define the term restriking voltage. Derive an expression for that and explain the effects of this on the operation of circuit breaker under fault condition.
2. Explain the circuit interruption due to capacitor switching
3. Explain the arc phenomena for initiation of arc, maintenance of arc, and the methods used for interrupting the arc
1. Explain the various tests conducted on circuit breakers
2. Explain the working principle of SF6 circuit breakers with its diagram. Mention the advantages and disadvantages
3. Explain the construction and working principle of Air blast circuit breakers. Explain the types with their diagrams
Important Questions in PROTECTION AND SWITCH GEAR EE2402 EE 2402 subject for NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS FOR IV FINAL YEAR EEE Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 5:27 AM Rating: