Operating Systems CS2411 CS 2411 Important 2 two marks For Nov/Dec 2011 Examination EEE Final Year Students
CS2411 - Operating Systems
Important 2 marks questions
1. List down the functions of operating systems.
2. What is the main advantage of multiprogramming
3. Mention the objectives and functions of an operating system.
4. Define Process control block
5. What is a deadlock?
6. What is a semaphore? State the two parameters.
7. What are the five major categories of system calls?
8. Which are the criteria used for CPU scheduling?
9. What do you mean by best fit and worst fit?
10. Define race condition.
11. What is meant by thrashing? Give an example.
12. Define TLB
13. What is the content of a typical file control block?
14. Mention the objectives of file system.
15. What is a file? List some operations on it.
16. What are the various file accessing methods?
17. What is rotational latency?
18. In the context of disk scheduling. Define seek time
Operating Systems CS2411 CS 2411 Important 2 two marks For Nov/Dec 2011 Examination EEE Final Year Students Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 6:03 AM Rating: