WB 12th result 2017, UP Board Intermediate result 2017, UP High School result 2017, Anna University results 2017, Maharashtra SSC result 2017, HSC result 2017, UP 12th result 2017, UP 10th result 2017, West Bengal High School result 2017, WB 10th result 2017
Home II SEM SYLLABUSBASIC ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING ANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS GE2151 | BE 2ND SEMESTER BASIC ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING GE 2151 SYLLABUS | BEEE ANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS
APPLICABLE TO CHENNAI,MADURAI,COIMBATORE,TRICHY,TRINELVELI AND ALL DISTRICT COLLEGES FIRST YEAR SECOND SEMESTER STUDENTS
GE2151 BASIC ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING SYLLABUS - FOR NON CIRCUIT BRANCHES
(Common to branches under Civil, Mechanical and Technology faculty)
UNIT I ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS & MEASURMENTS
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoff’s Laws – Steady State Solution of DC Circuits – Introduction to AC Circuits – Waveforms and RMS Value – Power and Power factor – Single Phase and Three Phase Balanced Circuits. Operating Principles of Moving Coil and Moving Iron Instruments (Ammeters and Voltmeters), Dynamometer type Watt meters and Energy meters.
UNIT II ELECTRICAL MECHANICS
Construction, Principle of Operation, Basic Equations and Applications of DC Generators, DC Motors, Single Phase Transformer, single phase induction Motor.
UNIT III SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICES AND APPLICATIONS
Characteristics of PN Junction Diode – Zener Effect – Zener Diode and its Characteristics – Half wave and Full wave Rectifiers – Voltage Regulation. Bipolar Junction Transistor – CB, CE, CC Configurations and Characteristics – Elementary Treatment of Small Signal Amplifier.
UNIT IV DIGITAL ELECTRONICS
Binary Number System – Logic Gates – Boolean Algebra – Half and Full Adders – Flip- Flops – Registers and Counters – A/D and D/A Conversion (single concepts)
UNIT V FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Types of Signals: Analog and Digital Signals – Modulation and Demodulation: Principles of Amplitude and Frequency Modulations. Communication Systems: Radio, TV, Fax, Microwave, Satellite and Optical Fibre (Block Diagram Approach only).
1. V.N. Mittle “Basic Electrical Engineering”,Tata McGraw Hill Edition, New Delhi, 1990.
2. R.S. Sedha, “Applied Electronics” S. Chand & Co., 2006.
1. Muthusubramanian R, Salivahanan S and Muraleedharan K A, “Basic Electrical,
Electronics and Computer Engineering”,Tata McGraw Hill, Second Edition, (2006).
2. Nagsarkar T K and Sukhija M S, “Basics of Electrical Engineering”, Oxford press (2005).
3. Mehta V K, “Principles of Electronics”, S.Chand & Company Ltd, (1994).
4. Mahmood Nahvi and Joseph A. Edminister, “Electric Circuits”, Schaum’ Outline Series, McGraw Hill, (2002).
5. Premkumar N, “Basic Electrical Engineering”, Anuradha Publishers, (2003).