CE2355 ENVIRONMENTAL AND IRRIGATION ENGINEERING DRAWING
UNIT I WATER SUPPLY AND TREATMENT
Design & Drawing of flash mixer, flocculator, clarifier – Slow sand filter – Rapid sand filter –Infiltration gallery – Intake towers – Service reservoirs – Pumping station – House service
connection for water supply and drainage.
UNIT II SEWAGE TREATMENT & DISPOSAL
Design and Drawing of screen chamber - Grit channel - Primary clarifier - Activated sludge
process – Aeration tank & oxidation ditch – Trickling filters – Secondary clarifiers – Sludge
digester – Sludge drying beds – Waste stabilisation ponds - Septic tanks and disposal
arrangements – Manholes.
UNIT III IMPOUNDING STRUCTURES
Gravity dam, Tank Surplus Weir, Tank Sluice with tower road – Drawing showing plan,
elevation, half section including foundation details.
UNIT IV CANAL TRANSMISSION STRUCTURES
Aqueducts – Syphon Aqueducts – Super passage – Canal siphon – Canal Drops- Drawing
showing plan, elevation and foundation details.
UNIT V CANAL REGULATION STRUCTURES
Canal head works- Canal Regular – Canal escape- Proportional Distributors – Drawing showing detailed plan, elevation and foundation.
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
1. Modi, P.N., “Environmental Engineering I & II”, Standard Book House, Delhi – 6
2. Sathyanarayana Murthy “Irrigation Design and Drawing” Published by Mrs
L.Banumathi, Tuni east Godavari District. A.P. 1998
3. Sharma R.K. Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures Oxford and IBH Publishing
co., New Delhi 2002.
1. Peary, H.S., ROWE, D.R., Tchobanoglous, G., “Environmental Engineering”,
McGraw-Hill Book Co., New Delhi, 1995.
2. Metcalf & Eddy, “Wastewater Engineering (Treatment and Reuse)”, 4th edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2003.
3. Garg S.K., “Irrigation Environmental Engineering and design StructuresI”, Khanna
Publishers, New Delhi, 17th Reprint, 2003.
4. Manual on Water Supply and Treatment, CPHEEO, Government of India, New Delhi, 1999
5. Manual on Sewerage and Sewage Treatment, CPHEEO, Government of India, New Delhi, 1993