WB 12th result 2017, UP Board Intermediate result 2017, UP High School result 2017, Anna University results 2017, Maharashtra SSC result 2017, HSC result 2017, UP 12th result 2017, UP 10th result 2017, West Bengal High School result 2017, WB 10th result 2017
Home II SEM SYLLABUSCIRCUIT THEORYANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS EE2151 | BE 2ND SEMESTER CIRCUIT THEORY EE 2151 SYLLABUS | CIRCUIT THEORY SYLLABUS
APPLICABLE TO CHENNAI,MADURAI,COIMBATORE,TRICHY,TRINELVELI AND ALL DISTRICT COLLEGES FIRST YEAR SECOND SEMESTER STUDENTS
EE2151 CIRCUIT THEORY SYLLABUS - FOR BRANCHES UNDER ELECTRICAL FACULTY
(Common to EEE, EIE and ICE Branches)
UNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoffs laws – DC and AC Circuits – Resistors in series and parallel circuits – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits.
UNIT II NETWORK REDUCTION AND NETWORK THEOREMS
FOR DC AND AC CIRCUITS
Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion. Thevenins and Novton & Theorem – Superposition Theorem – Maximum power transfer theorem – Reciprocity Theorem.
UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS
Series and paralled resonance – their frequency response – Quality factor and Bandwidth - Self and mutual inductance – Coefficient of coupling – Tuned circuits – Single tuned circuits.
UNIT IV TRANSIENT RESPONSE FOR DC CIRCUITS
Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits using Laplace transform for DC input
and A.C. with sinusoidal input.
UNIT V ANALYSING THREE PHASE CIRCUITS
Three phase balanced / unbalanced voltage sources – analysis of three phase 3-wire and 4-wire circuits with star and delta connected loads, balanced & un balanced – phasor diagram of voltages and currents – power and power factor measurements in three phase circuits.
1. William H. Hayt Jr, Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, “Engineering Circuits
Analysis”,Tata McGraw Hill publishers, 6 Th edition, New Delhi, (2002).
2. Sudhakar A and Shyam Mohan SP, “Circuits and Network Analysis and Synthesis”,Tata McGraw Hill, (2007).
1. Paranjothi SR, “Electric Circuits Analysis,” New Age International Ltd., New Delhi, (1996).
2. Joseph A. Edminister, Mahmood Nahri, “Electric circuits”, Schaum’s series, Tata
McGraw-Hill, New Delhi (2001).
3. Chakrabati A, “Circuits Theory (Analysis and synthesis), Dhanpath Rai & Sons, New Delhi, (1999).
4. Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadik, “Fundamentals of Electric Circuits”, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, (2003).