COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING AND MODELING LABORATORY ANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS ME2155 | BE 2ND SEMESTER COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING AND MODELING LAB ME 2155 SYLLABUS | CADM LAB ANNA UNIVERSITY SYLLABUS
1. Study of capabilities of software for Drafting and Modeling – Coordinate systems (absolute, relative, polar, etc.) – Creation of simple figures like polygon and general multi-line figures.
2. Drawing of a Title Block with necessary text and projection symbol.
3. Drawing of curves like parabola, spiral, involute using Bspline or cubic spline.
4. Drawing of front view and top view of simple solids like prism, pyramid, cylinder, cone, etc, and dimensioning.
5. Drawing front view, top view and side view of objects from the given pictorial views (eg. V-block, Base of a mixie, Simple stool, Objects with hole and curves).
6. Drawing of a plan of residential building ( Two bed rooms, kitchen, hall, etc.)
7. Drawing of a simple steel truss.
8. Drawing sectional views of prism, pyramid, cylinder, cone, etc,
9. Drawing isometric projection of simple objects.
10. Creation of 3-D models of simple objects and obtaining 2-D multi-view drawings from 3-D model.
Note: Plotting of drawings must be made for each exercise and attached to the records written by students.
List of Equipments for a batch of 30 students:
1. Pentium IV computer or better hardware, with suitable graphics facility -30 No.
2. Licensed software for Drafting and Modeling. – 30 Licenses
3. Laser Printer or Plotter to print / plot drawings – 2 No.