CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES, EQUIPMENT AND PRACTICE CE2203 ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER | CE 2203 CIVIL QUESTION PAPER |
2. Why is curing done for concrete?
3. What is the necessity of providing construction joints?
4. Define Slip forms.
5. What is a box caisson? Where do we use it?
6. Name some equipment used for underground open excavation.
7. Define articulated structure.
8. What is an offshore platform?
9. Name the types of earthwork equipment.
10. What is meant by dredging?
(ii) Explain an NDT method of testing hardened concrete. (12)
(b) (i) What are the factors to be considered for mix design? Discuss. (4)
(ii) Write the step by step procedure of mix design by IS method. (12)
12. (a) Explain the classification of stone masonry with sketches. (16)
(b) (i) What are methods of providing DPC? Discuss. (6)
(ii) What are the requirements of an ideal material for Damp Proofing?
13. (a) What is a cofferdam? With the help of sketches explain various types of
(b) Explain the types of shores in detail. (16)
14. (a) Explain the special forms for shells in detail. (16)
(b) Discuss the support structure for heavy equipment. (16)
15. (a) Explain the pile driving in detail. (16)
(b) Explain the equipment used for tunneling. (16)