NETWORK PROGRAMMING AND MANAGEMENT IT2351 ANNA UNIVERSITY NOV/DEC 2011 QUESTION PAPER | NPM NOV/DEC 2011 MODEL QUESTION PAPER
2. Define well-known port.
3. List the steps to create TCP echo server.
4. List the exceptions in Select function.
5. Describe SO_KEEPALIVE.
6. What are the alternatives for DNS?
7. Define mutex.
8. List any two differences between ping and trace route program.
9. State the goal of RMON.
10. What are the key capabilities of SNMP?
(b) Explain the following in detail :
(i) Iterative server (8)
(ii) Concurrent server. (8)
12. (a) Write down the Pseudo code for TCP echo Server and echo Client. (16)
(b) Briefly describe the following :
(i) Server process crashes (4)
(ii) Server host crashes (4)
(iii) Server host crashes and reboots (4)
(iv) Server shutdown. (4)
13. (a) Write down the program for UDP echo Server and echo Client. (16)
14. (a) Explain IPv4 and IPv6 interpretability with neat sketch. (16)
15. (a) Explain the SNMPV1 protocol and the practical issue in detail. (16)