BA9222 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYLLABUS | FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANNA UNIVERSITY 2ND SEMESTER MBA SYLLABUS
BA 9222 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
UNIT I FOUNDATIONS OF FINANCE
Financial management – An overview- Time value of money- Introduction to the concept of risk and return of a single asset and of a portfolio- Valuation of bonds and shares-Option valuation.
UNIT II INVESTMENT DECISIONS
Capital Budgeting: Principles and techniques - Nature of capital budgeting- Identifying relevant cash flows - Evaluation Techniques: Payback, Accounting rate of return, Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Profitability Index - Comparison of DCF techniques - Project selection under capital rationing - Inflation and capital budgeting - Concept and measurement of cost of capital - Specific cost and overall cost of capital
UNIT III FINANCING AND DIVIDEND DECISION
Financial and operating leverage - capital structure - Cost of capital and valuation - designing capital structure. Dividend policy - Aspects of dividend policy - practical consideration - forms of dividend policy - forms of dividends - share splits.
UNIT IV WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Principles of working capital: Concepts, Needs, Determinants, issues and estimation of working capital - Accounts Receivables Management and factoring - Inventory management - Cash management - Working capital finance : Trade credit, Bank finance and Commercial paper.
UNIT V LONG TERM SOURCES OF FINANCE
Indian capital and stock market, New issues market Long term finance: Shares, debentures and term loans, lease, hire purchase, venture capital financing, Private Equity.
1. M.Y. Khan and P.K.Jain Financial management, Text, Problems and cases Tata McGraw Hill, 5th edition, 2008.
2. I. M. Pandey Financial Management, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., 8th edition, 2007.
1. Aswat Damodaran, Corporate Finance Theory and practice, John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
2. James C. Vanhorne –Fundamentals of Financial Management– PHI Learning, 11th Edition, 2008.
3. Brigham, Ehrhardt, Financial Management Theory and Practice, 11th edition, Cengage Learning 2008.
4. Prasanna Chandra, Financial Management, 7th edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2008.
5. Srivatsava, Mishra, Financial Management, Oxford University Press, 2008.