BA9223 MARKETING MANAGEMENT SYLLABUS | MARKETING MANAGEMENT BA9223 ANNA UNIVERSITY SECOND SEMESTER SYLLABUS
BA 9223 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Marketing – Definitions - Conceptual frame work – Marketing environment : Internal and External - Marketing interface with other functional areas – Production, Finance, Human Relations Management, Information System. Marketing in global environment – Prospects and Challenges.
UNIT II MARKETING STRATEGY
Marketing strategy formulations – Key Drivers of Marketing Strategies - Strategies for Industrial Marketing – Consumer Marketing –– Services marketing – Competitor analysis - Analysis of consumer and industrial markets – Strategic Marketing Mix components.
UNIT III MARKETING MIX DECISIONS
Product planning and development – Product life cycle – New product Development and
Management – Market Segmentation – Targeting and Positioning – Channel Management – Advertising and sales promotions – Pricing Objectives, Policies and methods.
UNIT IV BUYER BEHAVIOUR
Understanding industrial and individual buyer behavior - Influencing factors – Buyer Behaviour Models – Online buyer behaviour - Building and measuring customer satisfaction – Customer relationships management – Customer acquisition, Retaining, Defection.
UNIT V MARKETING RESEARCH & TRENDS IN MARKETING
Marketing Information System – Research Process – Concepts and applications : Product – Advertising – Promotion – Consumer Behaviour – Retail research – Customer driven organizations - Cause related marketing - Ethics in marketing –Online marketing trends.
1. Philip Kotler and Kevin Lane, Marketing Management, PHI Learning / Pearson
Education 13th Edition, 2008
2. Paul Baisen et al, Marketing, Oxford University Press, 2008.
1. Micheal R.Czinkota & Masaaki Kotabe, Marketing Management, Vikas Thomson
2. Duglas,J.Darymple, Marketing Management, John Wiley & Sons, 2008.
3. NAG, Marketing successfully- A Professional Perspective, Macmillan 2008.
4. Boyd Walker, Marketing Management, McGraw Hill, 2002.
5. Dalvymple, Marketing Management, Wiley India Pvt Ltd, 2008.
6. Keith Flether, Marketing Management and Information Technology, Prentice Hall,