BA9224 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SYLLABUS | HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT BA9224 ANNA UNIVERSITY 2ND SEMESTER SYLLABUS
BA9224 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
UNIT I PERCEPTIVE IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Evolution of human resource management – The importance of the human factor – Objectives of human resource management – Inclusive growth and affirmative action -Role of human resource manager – Human resource policies – Computer applications in human resource management – Human resource accounting and audit.
UNIT II THE CONCEPT OF BEST FIT EMPLOYEE
Importance of Human Resource Planning – Forecasting human resource requirement – Internal and External sources. Selection process screening – Tests - Validation – Interview - Medical examination – Recruitment introduction – Importance – Practices – Socialization benefits.
UNIT III TRAINING AND EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT
Types of training methods purpose benefits resistance. Executive development programmes – Common practices - Benefits – Self development – Knowledge management.
UNIT IV SUSTAINING EMPLOYEE INTEREST
Compensation plan – Reward – Motivation – Theories of motivation – Career management – Development of mentor – Protégé relationships.
UNIT V PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND CONTROL PROCESS
Method of performance evaluation – Feedback – Industry practices. Promotion, Demotion, Transfer and Separation – Implication of job change. The control process – Importance – Methods – Requirement of effective control systems grievances – Causes – Implications – Redressal methods.
1. Decenzo and Robbins, Human Resource Management, Wiley, 8th Edition, 2007.
2. Dessler Human Resource Management, Pearson Education Limited, 2007
1. Mamoria C.B. and Mamoria S. Personnel Management, Himalaya Publishing
2. Bernadin , Human Resource Management ,Tata Mcgraw Hill ,6th edition 2006.
3. Eugence Mckenna and Nic Beach, Human Resource Management, Pearson Education
4. Wayne Cascio, Managing Human Resource, McGraw Hill, 2007.
5. Ivancevich, Human Resource Management, McGraw Hill 2002.