BA9228 BUSINESS APPLICATION SOFTWARE LAB SYLLABUS | BUSINESS APPLICATION SOFTWARE BA9228 MBA 2ND SEMESTER SYLLABUS
BA9228 BUSINESS APPLICATION SOFTWARE
UNIT I OFFICE MANAGEMENT
Exercises to familiarize Word, Spreadsheet, Presentation and Web publishing packages – E-Mail – Video Conferencing – Introduction to HTML.
UNIT II FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT
1. Financial And Accounting Management:
Introduction to accounting packages – exercises on creating, altering and displaying –
Ledgers and Vouchers – Inventory management – Payroll – Reports using any one financial accounting package.
2. Operations Management :
Exercises on operational decision making – models using packages - linear programming, assignment models.
3. Project management
Familiarize the project planning, scheduling and tracking with support of the project
UNIT III SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION
Exercises on database creation, manipulation and transactions using query languages.
Input and Output Design:
Exercises on I/O design – simulating basic calculator operations using any front end packages.
Designing an application and integrating database and front end.
UNIT IV ADVANCED STATISTICAL SOFTWARE
Exercises to use research data and analyze using various statistical methods (learned in statistics management course) using any of the statistical packages. Introduction and hands on experience with freely downloadable data mining and Business Intelligence packages.
1. Comdex,Computer and Functional Accounting with Tally 9.0, Dreamtech Press, Vikas Gupta 2008.
2. Sherdian J Coakes, Lyndall Steed, Peta Dizidic, SPSS 13.0 for windows, Wiley India, Delhi 2006.
3. Gary W. Hansen and James V. Hansen, Database Management and Design, Prentice Hall, 2006
4. Robert H. Lawson, Strategic Operations Management, Vikas Publishing House, First Indian Reprint, 2006.
5. Clements and Gido, Effective Project Management, Thomson, 2008.
6. David George and Paul Mallery, SPSS for windows, Step by step- A simple guide and
7. Carver and Nash, Doing analysis with SPSS Ver 14, Cengage Learning, 2008.
8. Deborah Morley and Charles S Parker, Understanding computers today and tomorrow, 11th edition, Thomson, 2008.