12. Sketch the typical input and output characteristics of a common collector BJT configuration and explain.
13. Describe the current components of a NPN and PNP transistor.
2. Draw the symbols of n-channel and p-channel JFET.
3. What are the three JFET parameters?
4. What is the disadvantage of JFET compared to BJT?
5. What is meant by current controlled device and voltage controlled device? Give examples
6. What do you understand by unipolar and bipolar device? Give examples.
7. Which device is called as unipolar explain.
8. Explain the terms Pinch off and IDSS in a JFET.
9. Write the Drain current equation for a JFET.
10. Draw the transfer and drain characteristics of a JFET.
16. What is intrinsic standoff ratio in a UJT?
17. Draw the equivalent circuit of a UJT.
18. Draw the V-I characteristics of UJT and mark the three regions of operation.
19. What do you mean by regeneration in UJT?
20. Explain the terms peak voltage and valley current in a UJT.
21. What is meant by negative resistance region in a UJT?
22. Mention two applications of UJT.
23. What is a thyristor? Mention some of them.
24. Draw the symbol of UJT and SCR.
25. Draw the two transistor equivalent circuit of a SCR.
26. Define holding current in a SCR.
27. Draw the V-I characteristics of a SCR.
28. State any two applications of SCR.
29. Explain why a SCR is operated only in the forward biased condition.
31. Explain how triggering of an SCR can be controlled by the gate signal supplied.
32. DIAC is a bi-directional device. Explain?
33. Draw the volt-ampere characteristics of a TRIAC.
34. Draw the transistor equivalent circuit of a TRIAC.
35. Draw the V-I characteristics of a DIAC.
36. Draw the symbol of DIAC, TRIAC.
2. (a) Draw the Drain and transfer characteristics of a JFET and explain.
(b) Discuss the advantages of JFET over BJT.
3. Explain the operation of UJT relaxation oscillator with a neat diagram.
4. Explain the construction, operation and characteristics of UJT.
5. Discuss in detail with neat sketches the two methods of turning on and off the SCR.
6. Sketch the construction of a silicon controlled rectifier. Also, sketch the two-transistor equivalent circuit and show how it is derived from the SCR construction. Label all the terminals and explain how the device operates.
7. Sketch typical SCR forward and reverse characteristics. Identify all the regions of the characteristics and all important current and voltage levels. Explain the shape of the characteristics in terms of the SCR two-transistor equivalent circuit.
8. Draw sketches to show the construction, equivalent circuit and characteristics of a TRIAC. Identify all important voltage and current levels on the characteristics and explain the operation of the device.
9. Draw the typical characteristics of a DIAC. Explain the DIAC operation and sketch the two circuit symbols used for the device.
10. (a) Compare the properties of BJT and FET
(b) Explain the terms intrinsic stand off ratio, negative resistance region, peak voltage and valley voltage.