ANNA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION
MAY/JUNE 2012 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
CS2354 -ADVANCED COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE
1.What is instruction-level parallelism? Explain in details about the various dependences caused in ILP?
2.Explain in details about static branch prediction and dynamic branch prediction
3.Explain the techniques to overcome data hazards with dynamic scheduling?
4. Explain in detail the hardware based speculation for a MIPS processor
5.Explain in detail how compiler support can be used to increase the amount of parallelism that can be exploited in a program.
6.Explain the limitations of ILP?
7.Explain Intel IA-64 Architecture in detail with suitable reference to Itanium processor
8. Explain how hardware supports for exposing more parallelism at compile time?
9.Explain in detail the symmetric shared memory architectures and explain the cache coherence problem in detail
10. Explain in detail the distributed shared memory architecture highlighting the directory based cache coherence protocol. Substantiate your explanation with suitable examples and state diagrams
11. Define synchronization and explain the different mechanisms employed for synchronization among processors?
12. Discuss in detail the different levels of RAID
13. How does one reduce cache miss penalty and miss rate? Explain.
14. Discuss Reliability, Availability and Dependability for storage devices in detail
15. What are the ways available to measure the I/O performance? Explain each of them in detail.
16. Discuss in detail about type of storage devices
17 Explain in detail about CMP architecture and SMT architecture?
18 Explain in detail about IBM Cell Processor
19 Discuss about Intel multi-core architecture.
20 Explain in detail about software and hardware multithreading techniques?
CS2354 ADVANCED COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE MAY/JUNE 2012 ANNA UNIVERSITY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 4:00 AM Rating: