B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
IT 2301 — JAVA PROGRAMMING
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. Define Encapsulation.
2. What is an abstract class?
3. What is the purpose of ‘final’ keyword?
4. What is polymorphism?
5. State the difference between inner class and anonymous class?
6. What is interface and mention its use.
7. Which Java.util classes and interfaces support event handling?
8. Which class is the top of the AWT event hierarchy.
9. Give the differences between process and thread.
10. What is synchronization?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) What is inheritance? Explain with examples. (8)
(ii) What are access specifiers? Discuss them in the context of Java. (8)
(b) Write a detailed discussion on constructors. (16)
12. (a) (i) What is dynamic binding. Explain with a real time example. (8)
(ii) Write a note on class hierarchy. How do you create hierarchical classes in Java? (8)
(b) Give a brief overview on java packages. Write necessary code snippets. (16)
13. (a) (i) What is object cloning? Discuss with examples. (8)
(ii) What is reflection? Explain. (8)
(b) Write short notes on the following :
(i) Graphics programming (8)
(ii) Frame (8)
14. (a) (i) Give an introduction to Swings. (8)
(ii) What is an adapter class? Explain its purpose and functionality.(8)
(b) Discuss the concept of exception handling with an application of
your choice. Write necessary code snippets. (16)
15. (a) (i) Where can we write Generic? Explain with a simple example. (6)
(ii) What is multithreading? What are the methods available in Java for inter-thread communication? Discuss with an example.(10)
(b) (i) Write a note on thread synchronization. (6)
(ii) When you will synchronize pieces of your code? Explain with examples. (10)
JAVA PROGRAMMING IT2301 NOV/DEC 2011 ANNA UNIVERSITY PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 6:16 PM Rating: