EC2304 MICROPROCESSOR AND MICRO CONTROLLERS ANNA UNIVERSITY APRIL/MAY 2011 QUESTION PAPER
2. Define Segment Override Prefix.
3. What are the 8086 instructions used for BCD arithmetic?
4. List any four program control instructions available in 8086?
5. What do you mean by sample and hold circuit?
6. List the major functions performed by CRT interface?
7. What happens in power down mode of 8051 microcontroller?
8. What are the different ways of operand addressing in 8051?
9. Why are relays that use coils called electromagnetic relays?
10. What is PWM?
(ii) Write briefly about the Direct Memory Access. [[Marks 4]
(ii) Discuss the interrupts types of 8086 microprocessor. [Marks 8]
12.(a) (i) Explain the assembler directives ASSUME,EQU,DW,and EVEN with suitable examples. [Marks 8]
(ii) Write an 8086 ALP to sort the array of elements in ascending order. [Marks 8]
(ii) Explain the data transfer group and logical group of 8086 instructions. [Marks 10]
13.(a) With neat block diagram explain the 8255 Programmable Peripheral Interface and its operating modes. [Marks 16]
14.(a) (i) Explain the architecture of 8051 microcontroller with neat diagram. [Marks 12]
(ii) Write briefly about the operating modes for serial port of 8051 microcontroller. [Marks 4]
(ii) Describe the different modes of operation of timers/counters in 8051 with its associated register. [Marks 10]
15.(a) (i) Draw and explain the block diagram of traffic light control system. [Marks 10]
(ii) Briefly discuss the features of RTC device. [Marks 6]