TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION EE2303 ANNA UNIVERSITY NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2010 QUESTION PAPER
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE 2303 — TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 Marks
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
2. Which factors affect sag in the transmission line?
3. Define skin effect.
4. What are the advantages of using bundled conductors?
5. What is Ferranti effect?
6. What is shunt compensation?
7. Define string efficiency.
8. What is the necessity of grading of an under ground cable?
9. List the various substation equipments.
10. Why are transmission lines 3 phase 3 wire circuits while distribution lines are 3 phase 4 wire circuits?
corners of a triangle with sides 6 m, 6m and 12 m. The conductor radius
is 1.81 cm. Find the capacitance per phase per km, capacitive reactance
per phase, charging current and total charging Mega volt-amperes.
nominal ? Circuit.
(i) Shunt compensation. [Marks 8]
(ii) Series compensation. [Marks 8]
(i) Pin Type insulator. [Marks 8]
(ii) Suspension Type insulator. [Marks 8]
(i) Feeders. [Marks 4]
(ii) Radial distribution. [Marks 6]
(iii) Ring main distribution. [Marks 6]