Anna University, Chennai Nov/Dec 2012 Examinations
Rejinpaul.com Important Questions
Transmission Lines and Wave Guides EC2305
Common To V Sem ECE
1. Design a constant K T-section band elimination filter with cutoff frequencies of 2 khz and 5 khz. The design impedance is 900 ohms
2. Derive and draw the characteristics of m-derived T section for high pass filter.
3. Design a T section and π section constant k high pass filter having cut off frequency of 12 khz and nominal impedance R = 500ohms. Also find i) Zo ii)β at 24 Khz iii) α at 4Khz
4. Design prototype T section band pass filter having cut-off frequency of 1 khz and 4khz and impedance of 600 ohms. Find resonant frequency.
5. Draw and explain the operation of crystal filter
6. What is Waveform distortion? Explain its types with equations. Derive the condition for a distortion less line?
7. At 8 Mhz the characteristic Impedance is 40-j2 ohms and propagation constant 0.01+j0.18 per meter. Find the primary constants
8. Derive the two Standard forms for Voltage and Current of a line terminated by an impedance of the transmission line.
9. A transmission line has the following parameters per km. R=15 ohms, C=15 uf, L=1mH and G=1 umho. Find the additional inductance to give distortionless transmission. Calculate attenuation and phase constant for the loaded line
10.What is lumped loading? Derive an expression for the lumped loaded cable
11. Explain single stub matching on a transmission line and derive an expression to find the length & location of the stub used for matching on a line?
12.Deduce the expression for constant S circle for the dissipation line
13. Derive the expression for the input impedance of the dissipationless line and expression for a quarter wave line with its applications
14.Derive the expression that permit easy measurements of power flow on a line of negligible losses.
15. What is SWR? Derive an expression for it related with reflection Coefficient
16.Derive the expression for the field strength for the TM and TEwaves between parallel plates propagating in z direction
17. Derive the characteristics of TE, TM and TEM waves for parallel plates
18.A Waveguide formed by two parallel copper sheets σ=5.8*107 s/m separated by a 5 cm thick lossy dielectric εr=2.25, μr=1, σ=10-10s/m. For an operating frequency of 10 Ghz, find β, αd, αv, Vg, Vp & λg for TE1, TM2 and TEM modes
19.Using Bessel function derive the TE wave components in circular waveguide
20. Explain the transmission of TM waves in Rectangular wavguide with necessary expressions and diagrams for the field components
21.Determine the solution of electric and magnetic fields of TM waves guided along rectangular waveguide
22. Explain the various excitation methods of Rectangular waveguides.
Important Questions in Transmission Lines and Wave Guides EC2305 Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Examinations - version 3 Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 6:26 AM Rating: