Anna University, Chennai Nov/Dec 2012 Examinations
Rejinpaul.com Important Questions
Railways, Airport and Harbor Engineering / CE 2303
V Sem CIVIL ENGG.
1. Briefly explain the modern methods of surveys for track alignment
2. Explain super elevation giving the relationship of super elevation with gauge,
speed and radius of the curve.
3. Compare the different types of sleeper. Give all details
4. Briefly explain about super- elevation, gradients.
5. Illustrate with a neat sketch, the turnout, points and crossings and explain their
6. With neat sketches, differentiate between reception, signal and departuresignals.
7. Explain with neat sketches, how surface and sub-surface water can be removed from railway track
8. What is meant by a crossing? Discuss various types of crossings used in Indian
9. Explain in detail the miscellaneous measures of track modernization
10.Explain the steps in the determination of proper orientation for runway
11. Give the various geometric standards for different classes of runways and taxiways.
12.List the factors to be considered for the selection of site for a commercial airport
13. What are the basic patterns of runway configurations? Discuss each pattern
14.What is a wind rose diagram? Explain different types of wind rose diagrams
15. Draw a layout of any one international airport in India and explain the concept
16.Explain the planning concept of airport buildings
17. Describe the different systems of aircraft parking
18.What are flight rules? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each system
19.Write descriptive notes on mooring and mooring accessories
20. Classify harbours on broad basis and on the basis of utility and explain them
21.Explain the different natural phenomena to be studied before the design of harbours.
22. List the common types of break waters in use and bring out the advantages of each of them
Railways, Airport and Harbor Engineering / CE 2303 Anna University Nov/Dec 2012 Examination Important Questions Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 7:27 AM Rating: