Circuit Theory Anna University Notes 2nd Semester EE2151 For EEE, EIE, ICE Branches
Anna University Circuit Theory Notes For Second Semester Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering , rejinpaul.com Provide Subject Notes/Lecture Notes For All Anna University Students Independent Of Semesters
Subject : EEE2151 Circuit Theory
Semester : Second Semester
Department : EEE. EIE, EIC
University : ANNA UNIVERSITY
Download Anna University Circuit Theory Lecture Notes/Subject Note
Click Here To Get Circuit Theory Notes - 2nd Sem
EE2151 CIRCUIT THEORY
(Common to EEE, EIE and ICE Branches)
UNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoffs laws – DC and AC Circuits – Resistors in series and parallel circuits – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits.
UNIT II NETWORK REDUCTION AND NETWORK THEOREMS FOR DC AND AC
Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion. Thevenins and Novton & Theorem – Superposition Theorem – Maximum power transfer theorem –
UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS
Series and paralled resonance – their frequency response – Quality factor and Bandwidth - Self and mutual inductance – Coefficient of coupling – Tuned circuits – Single tuned circuits.
UNIT IV TRANSIENT RESPONSE FOR DC CIRCUITS
Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits using Laplace transform for DC input and A.C. with
UNIT V ANALYSING THREE PHASE CIRCUITS
Three phase balanced / unbalanced voltage sources – analysis of three phase 3-wire and 4-wire circuits with star and delta connected loads, balanced & un balanced – phasor diagram of voltages and currents – power and power factor measurements in three phase circuits.
TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
1. William H. Hayt Jr, Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, “Engineering Circuits Analysis”,Tata McGraw Hill publishers, 6th edition, New Delhi, (2002).
2. Sudhakar A and Shyam Mohan SP, “Circuits and Network Analysis and Synthesis”,Tata McGraw Hill, (2007).
1. Paranjothi SR, “Electric Circuits Analysis,” New Age International Ltd., New Delhi, (1996).
2. Joseph A. Edminister, Mahmood Nahri, “Electric circuits”, Schaum’s series, Tata McGraw-Hill,
New Delhi (2001).
3. Chakrabati A, “Circuits Theory (Analysis and synthesis), Dhanpath Rai & Sons, New Delhi, (1999).
4. Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadik, “Fundamentals of Electric Circuits”, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, (2003).
Anna University 2nd sem Notes
Anna Univ CT Subject Notes
Anna University Circuit Theory Notes