CONCEPTS OF ENGINEERING DESIGN ED9211 ANNA UNIVERSITY ME QUESTION PAPER
2. What are the disadvantages of bench marking?
3. What are the benefits of designing to codes and standards?
4. What do you mean by product liability?
5. Mention the steps to be followed to improve creative thinking.
6. What are the types of models in engineering design?
7. What are the factors to be considered while selecting material?
8. What do you mean by residual stress?
9. What are the applications of Weibull distribution?
10. What do you mean by maintainability?
Anna University Concepts Of Engineering Design ED9211 ME Question Paper January 2010
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Discuss Asimov’s detailed design process. (16)
(b) (i) Explain concurrent engineering. (8)
(ii) Write a short note on extended product life cycle. (8)
12. (a) Explain QFD with a suitable example. (16)
(b) (i) Explain general form of a contract. (8)
(ii) Discuss protecting intellectual property. (8)
13. (a) Write short notes on
(i) Decision tree (8)
(ii) Theory of inventive problem solving. (8)
(b) (i) Describe optimization in detail. (8)
(ii) Explain finite element modeling packages. (8)
14. (a) (i) Describe the design for environment. (8)
(ii) Explain the design rules for environment. (8)
(b) Explain material selection methods in detail. (16)
15. (a) (i) Explain in detail Reliability centered maintenance. (8)
(ii) List the benefits of design of experiments. (8)
(b) Discuss FMEA with a suitable example. (16)