WB 12th result 2017, UP Board Intermediate result 2017, UP High School result 2017, Anna University results 2017, Maharashtra SSC result 2017, HSC result 2017, UP 12th result 2017, UP 10th result 2017, West Bengal High School result 2017, WB 10th result 2017
Home MECH QPELECTRONICS AND MICROPROCESSOR QUESTION PAPER MAY/JUNE 2013 FOR MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT
Electronics And Microprocessor Question Paper May/June 2012 For
University : Anna University
Subject : Electronics And Microprocessor
Question Paper : previous Semester
B.E/B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY/JUNE 2012
ELECTRONICS AND MICROPROCESSOR
(Common to Automobile and Production Engineering)
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS:
PART A- (10*2=20 marks)
1. Define Rectification.
2. Define Voltage Regulation.
3. What is the need for transistor biasing?
4. Draw the transfer characteristics of FET.
5. What are Flip Flops?
6. Draw the Half adder circuit.
7. List the various instruction types in 8085.
8. What are the various addressing modes in 8085?
9. What do you mean by interfacing?
10. List out some applications of the microprocessors.
PART B-(5*18=80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Draw and explain the circuit of a full wave rectifier. (8)(ii) Discuss about intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors. (8)
(b) (i) What do you mean by zener effect? Explain the characteristics of zener diode. (6)(ii) Explain how zener diode is used as a voltage regulator. (10)
12. (a) (i) Draw and explain the circuit of a class B Pushpull power amplifier. (10)(ii) What do you mean by negative feedback? List the characteristics and advantages of a negative feed back amplifier. (6)
(b) Draw and explain the characteristics of a FET amplifier and discuss the merits and demerits.
13. (a) (i) Design a Full adder. (10)(ii) Discuss the operation of RS flip flop and D flip flop. (6)
(b) Draw and explain the operation of A/D and D/A converters. (16)
14. (a) Sketch the architecture of 8085 and explain the modules in detail. (16)
(b) With examples, explain the data transfer instructions and arithmetic instructions of 8085. (16)
15. (a) Draw and explain the block diagram and operation of temperature controlling system with a microprocessor. (16)
(b) Draw and explain the block diagram and operation of Traffic lightcontroller with a microprocessor. (16)