Integrated Manufacturing Systems CC9222 Anna University January 2010 Model Question Paper
M.E. DEGREE EXAMINATION, JANUARY 2010
CC9222 — INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS
(Common to M.E. Product Design and Development)
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. List out the major objectives of manufacturing system.
2. What are the benefits of group technology?
3. What is computer generated time standard?
4. What is the significance of Production Planning and Control?
5. List out the benefits of automated data collection system.
6. Sketch a simple structure model of manufacturing process.
7. Differentiate inspection from testing.
8. What are the functions of a supervisory computer?
9. What are the components of Direct Numerical Control (DNC) system?
10. What are the advantages of rapid prototyping?
Anna University Integrated Manufacturing Systems CC9222 January 2010 Previous Question Paper
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) How are the production systems classified and explain each of them with
their advantages and limitations?
(b) Discuss the importance of the material handling systems in an integrated
manufacturing environment. Discuss their types in detail.
12. (a) Discuss the method of classification and coding using Opitz system with
(b) Explain the method of Retrieval Computer Aided Process Planning
(CAPP) with a flow chart and a simple example.
13. (a) Explain the Master Requirements Planning (MRP) by stating its inputs
and outputs and also, how is it useful in inventory control and production
(b) Describe the working of any two automatic identification systems in an
automated factory with neat sketches.
14. (a) Describe the process of direct digital control of an automated
manufacturing with simple block diagrams.
(b) With use of simple sketches, explain two dimensional vision system for
inspecting a manufactured part features in a conveyor.
15. (a) Explain the functions of computer control system in a flexile
(b) Discuss the role of Artificial Intelligence and Export Systems in computer
integrated manufacturing. Give any four examples.
Integrated Manufacturing Systems CC9222 Anna University January 2010 Model Question Paper Reviewed by Rejin Paul on 10:40 PM Rating: